Unfortunately, due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, I am temporarily closed. Sorry for any inconvenience. I will re-open as soon as it is possible to do so. I hope to see you then – look after yourself during these difficult times.
How are you feeling today? What does your body need?
Deep tissue and relaxation massage treatments for pain, discomfort and stress
Life can be full-on. This affects us physically and emotionally. I create a space for you to switch off. A relaxation treatment provides a calming, soothing place to let your body and mind slow down and find some peace.
Deep tissue massage
Pain and discomfort can materialise for all manner of reasons. Tenderness, tightness, niggles creep in or shout louder when they need some help. I work with your body deeply, though always within your comfort zone, to ease the discomfort you are feeling and help you move more freely
Hello, I’m Clare
I am an empathetic and experienced Deep Tissue and Relaxation massage therapist based in Brighton & Hove.
I help my clients feel better.
Together we look at what problems you are facing and what I can do to soothe, calm and ease your body and mind. There is no one size fits all approach to my work and you are very much in control of what works best for you.
I can help you with things like:
- Stress and tension
- Sore and tight muscles
- Tired and/or poor sleep
- Aches, pains, discomfort
- Confused, anxious, overwhelmed
- Bad back
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Lucy Dunleavy
I have been receiving treatments from Clare for several years now. I always look forward to my visits as I know that not only will she alleviate any pain and niggles which I have, but she also creates a lovely calm and listening environment. I thoroughly recommend Clare as a massage therapist.
- Yasmin Stokeley
Clare is brilliant and very professional. Made me feel so comfortable and relaxed from the beginning. The massage was enjoyable and will definitely be using Clare from now on.
- Jordan Stokeley
Recently had a sports therapy massage after competing in the Mid Sussex Marathon weekend. An absolutely seamless experience from start to finish, thoroughly professional throughout and made me feel extremely comfortable. 10/10 would recommend.
- Stuart Carden
I’ve been visiting Clare for treatments for about 5 years now. She’s always kind and professional and provides great insight into what treatments will best suit the client. I have already recomended Clare to a number of friends and family members and have no hesitation in doing the same in the future. Definitely 5 out of 5 stars!
Recent Blog Posts
- Connection With OurselvesConnection and disconnection If you have read my previous couple of blogs, you will know already that I have recently been exploring how I can become more visible in my work in a way that works for me. In doing so, the seed that had already been sown by my time on Instagram is now germinating into a different connectedness to my massage work. Something that I feel I have lost sight of over the years. It has also shone a light into me, my personality and my life. It seems timely that one [Read More]
- Meet the MakersWhat a time. Unprecedented. I started this blog yesterday. Only once it was finished did I contact the people I have mentioned to check they would be ok with their inclusion. In doing so, I now know some have already had work cancelled or are closed. I am not sure if I would have written this had I known that at the start. Or maybe I would have worded it differently. So perhaps it was best I didn’t know. I hope, if nothing else, it will let them know how much they have brought not just to [Read More]
- WordsWords …. Words are important to capture someone’s imagination. These days it is never more important to do this quickly. For a business, this means choosing words carefully. It is vital that the reader gets the information they need as soon as they land on a web page or social media post. It is a learning curve that’s for sure. A journey I qualified as a massage therapist almost 16 years ago. A course that began as a pastime ended up in pastures new for me and the journey to today. In [Read More]
- Learning from 2019Learning from 2019 Blog attempt Day 8! I spent ages writing a post a few days ago. It was random, disjointed and crap (frankly). Having aborted trying to make it coherent, I decided to write about what jumped out at me from 2019 instead. It turned out that the unexpected theme running through it related to learning. So here is my blog about what I have learnt from what 2019 brought. I’m hoping that if I write a similar blog this time next year, blog writing will have appeared on the list! A [Read More]
- Massage for health and well-beingMassage for health and well-being …….. What do I mean by that? This sentence can mean many different things. Our bodies are a delicate balance of systems, feelings, hormones, stimuli, influences both inside and outside of them. And what is right for one body isn’t necessarily the same for another. Whilst fundamentally being the same, we are different in so many ways. Sometimes getting to know when we should stop, what is good for us and what isn’t, how far can we push ourselves, [Read More]