How are you feeling today? What does your body need?
massage treatments for what life throws at you and how that shows up in your body
Life can be full-on. This affects us physically and emotionally. I create a space for you to switch off. A relaxation treatment provides a calming, soothing place to let your body and mind slow down and find some peace.
Deep tissue massage
Pain and discomfort can materialise for all manner of reasons. Tenderness, tightness, niggles creep in or shout louder when they need some help. I work with your body deeply, though always within your comfort zone, to ease the discomfort you are feeling and help you move more freely
Hey there, I’m Clare
I have worked as a therapist for over 15 years.
In those years, I have had the chance to explore many aspects of bodywork, both through professional development and the lived experience of my own body. My journey has covered much ground and taken many forms. It has now brought me full circle. Back to where I started.
I work holistically. Each treatment is put together for the individual that you are. No one size fits all. No specific way to do things. Just you and me. And a depth of knowledge to meet your needs.
It can be tricky to make a decision about whether a therapist is right for you or not can’t it!
There is so much choice out there that it can feel abit bewildering. Here is some stuff about the way I work that may help your decision-making:
- My work can be deep. That depth will vary from person to person and it’s so important that’s a depth that works for you. I won’t dictate how deep a treatment will be, we’ll work out together what is right for you.
- My pace of treatment tends to be on the slower side. I take my time to sink into our body and give it time to respond. If you’re preference is for a very firm, faster approach, then my style may not be for you.
- I’m not really one for absolutes. I believe massage is a great facilitator for healing, soothing and encouraging the body. I don’t feel there is a one size fits all approach to bodywork. This is reflected in how we work together. Finding what is right for you.
- Chronic pain. Discomfort. Niggles. Stress. Anxiety. Life. The never ending list of things that can hold us back from fully embracing life. My restorative treatments meet you where you are at.
- I work with acute pain that may be as a result of longer term issues. A flare up of something that you have had before.
- However I don’t work with acute injury. I know some wonderful practitioners that do though, so by all means get in touch for some suggestions. And I would welcome supporting you with your road to recovery alongside involvement from such practitioners should they feel that massage would help.
Recently had a sports therapy massage after competing in the Mid Sussex Marathon weekend. An absolutely seamless experience from start to finish, thoroughly professional throughout and made me feel extremely comfortable. 10/10 would recommend.
I have been receiving treatments from Clare for several years now. I always look forward to my visits as I know that not only will she alleviate any pain and niggles which I have, but she also creates a lovely calm and listening environment. I thoroughly recommend Clare as a massage therapist.
Clare is brilliant and very professional. Made me feel so comfortable and relaxed from the beginning. The massage was enjoyable and will definitely be using Clare from now on.
I’ve been visiting Clare for treatments for about 5 years now. She’s always kind and professional and provides great insight into what treatments will best suit the client. I have already recomended Clare to a number of friends and family members and have no hesitation in doing the same in the future. Definitely 5 out of 5 stars!