Hi, I’m Clare. I’m a sensitive and intuitive massage therapist who creates treatments focused on where you’re at
How I work:
In my years as a massage therapist I have trodden many paths and bring this experience into my creative, client-led approach. I love supporting people with their innate healing capacity on whatever level is right for them.
Whether you have pain and discomfort or need space to switch off (or both). There is no one way of treating the body, it varies for each of us. This is reflected in the way that we’ll work together, creatively drawing my experience together in a treatment that is just for you.
I am passionate about the healing nature of touch. It’s so powerful! Used with care, it brings safety, support and softening – both for the structure of your body, it’s muscles, tendons and fascia; and for your mind, soul and inner well-being.
My touch is careful and respectful. I see what I can find beneath the surface, listening with my hands to what I can learn from your body.
This is ALWAYS done within the boundaries of what is ok with you. Building trust and confidence is at the forefront of what I do.
A little background:
I trained as a Level 3 Holistic Massage Therapist back in 2004 at the Wilbury School. Over the years, I have layered my learning by working with some wonderful tutors who are at the forefront of massage training. I have obtained a Level 4 Sports Massage Diploma (College of Classical Massage) and trained in hot stone and pregnancy massage, among a variety of other things.
I also have a love of anatomy. I find the complexity of the human body fascinating. Its soft tissues, bony structures, vessels and spaces. How linked we are on every layer of the multitude of layers that make us who we are!
In the hundreds of years since the original anatomists began dissections, we have developed new ways of looking at the body. Advancing technology equipping us with the ability to look inside in greater detail, both at the way we are ‘put together’ structurally and at the role of the nervous system in how our bodies work, experience pain and repair.
I have had injuries and back problems myself. I have also my own experiences of pain and the complex affect it can have on us. This has taken me on my own journey of how I might ‘fix’ myself. That, together with my experience of working with other practitioners, means I can support you from an empathetic and insightful foundation, together with my hands-on work.
All these things come together as I create a caring and nurturing space for you.
- I am Auntie Clare to two beautiful little humans and godmum to two very grown up, wonderful boys. I am very proud of those things! I love my family and friends.
- I live just outside Brighton, in Patcham, at the foot of the Downs.
- I am big hearted, highly sensitive and empathetic. Once upon a time, I found these things tricky to navigate. I now see them as my USPs.
- I like to run, walk and do pilates to keep my body ticking over. I also love food, wine and coffee.
- I love learning and growing and can often be found with my head in a book.
- I care deeply, about the world, about humanity, about life. I can feel both elevated and wrung out by these things at times! For the most part, I am hopeful and optimistic and believe in change.
- I’d love to write a book. I have absolutely no idea what about. But nonetheless, that’s something I harbour a little dream about.