It’s great to finally be able to get back to work. However, it comes with some limitations that mean treatments with me are going to be a little bit different than they would normally be.
The following guidelines have been taken from professional associations who have worked from the Government guidance together with Public Health England.
- Greater time between treatments together with me being part-time means there are abit fewer treatment slots available. However I will do my best to find something that works for you.
- In order to be careful around how much talking is needed, I will be in touch prior to your treatment to discuss your requirements and, if you are new, to do your health intake.
- We have been advised to reduce talking. I will check in with you when you arrive and leave, and anything relating to your treatment is fine.
- Treatment to the head and face is not able to be undertaken.
- I will be wearing a visor and face covering.
- The regulations require that you wear your own face covering during the appointment (unless you are exempt from doing so). If you do not have one, let me know as I have some.
- The room must be well ventilated and consequently could be cool. I will do my best to mitigate this.
- The 2 m social distancing will be followed at all times other than when you are being treated.
- Wherever possible, please go the toilet before you come. Use of toilet facilities is to be kept to a minimum. Having said that I will obviously allow you to use it should you need to.
- Please arrive only at the appointment time. Unfortunately if you are running late, it may not be possible to maintain the appointment, so please contact me so that you don’t have a wasted journey.
- Please come straight to your appointment (ie: not via shops, etc) and bring the minimum amount of things with you.
- Please bring your own drink.
- Electronic payment can be taken by machine or you can also do a bank transfer. If cash is better, please bring the exact amount in an envelope.
- I will ask you to remove your shoes in the entrance.
- There will be a hand sanitiser in the hall. Please use this before we go up to the treatment room.
- There will be a specific chair for you to sit on together with a box to place your clothing in. All but necessary soft furnishing and decorative bits have been removed.
- Close to your treatment, I will email you a Covid-19 risk assessment to ensure we can go ahead with treatment.
- Please ensure that you inform me if you find that either you or someone within your household either develops symptoms or is confirmed as having Covid-19. In these instances, I will have to notify the Public Protection Team.
- You will be aware that the guidance can change at any time and this may result in changes to my working practice.
I will still provide you with a lovely treatment despite all of the above! Thank you for bearing with me.